Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Three Words - 2015 Edition

A group of wonderful young ladies I mentor took up a "one word" challenge this year and in a few short days I will get to hear the word they've picked for their year. In thinking about my one word, I decided I wasn't ready to pass up my fifth year in the "3 Words" world. Chris Brogan talks a lot about selecting three words with which to theme the year. So instead of one, I give you my three words for 2015.

Confidence - In Philippians 1, we hear:

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Over the years, I have absorbed words like "arrogant, unbending, over-powering" and others that have left me apologetic and quiet more times than I'd like to admit. Instead, I want to see God carry on His good work in me and develop a new, refined voice of confidence to speak the truth, build others up and press into difficult situations when they arise.

\
Intention - Webster has a few definitions for this word and two really spoke to me: (1) a determination to act a certain way and (2) process of healing incised wounds. I want to live each day with intention, moving decidedly from one God-ordained interaction to another both in flesh and in spirit. Reflection has also revealed some deep wounds, clean cuts inflicted by others and there is intentional work that needs to be done to further the healing.


My final word follows me from last year. I'm honestly not even sure what it looks like to grasp this word and so I feel strongly that it should be explored more deeply in 2015.

Temple - In 1 Corinthians 6, Paul asks: 

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body."

If I really believed that my physical body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, would I make different choices about what I put into it and how I use it? And so, this year I will learn more about this "body as a temple" directive and see where it leads me.

And there you have it: confidence, intention and temple. Looking forward to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment